Instant noodles, commonly known as Pot Noodles, have always been a popular choice for students, office workers, and anyone who needs a quick and convenient lunch. These noodles are known for their nostalgic and savory flavors that explode in your mouth with every slurp.
You don’t have to settle for pre-packaged noodles that are full of additives. You can now make your own healthy version at home by following a simple recipe from the new cookbook Lunch to Go: Everyday packed lunches made easy.
This Pot Noodle-inspired snack is packed with fresh and nutritious ingredients, and it’s easy to prepare. You can also customize it by swapping ingredients to fit your preferences and dietary needs. When you’re ready to eat, simply pour over boiling water to warm it up, just like the instant noodles we all love.
Here’s a list of ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 3.5 ounces of cooked chicken breast fillets
- A small handful of dried black fungus mushrooms
- 1.8 ounces of dried egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 5 shredded mangetout (also known as sugar snap peas)
- 1 sliced red chili
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- Half a bouillon cube.
- Recipe Type: Lunch
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 1